Monday, May 17, 2010

6 months in our home

Hello! We've been in our home for 6 months! It seems like we've been there forever! Jason bought a lawn mower and has been working on making the yard look good. I'm hoping to plant some flowers in a few weeks.

This week I'm planning to finish paint touch-ups on the trim in the spare bedroom and hallway. Then I'm going to paint the spare bedroom a light shade of green. I'd also like to paint the office walls and trim within the next 2 weeks, but that might be taking on more than I can handle. It's hard to paint when there's so much furniture!


Me and Winky taking a nap yesterday afternoon. She loves to sit in the sun!


Our game closet in the office. We love board games!


Kitchen...sorry, I can't figure out how to rotate these pics!


The buffet in the dining room. I wanted to put a window seat here, but I like the way this looks, so might just leave it.


Mantel.


The french doors (looking from living room to dining room). Just painted them white and really love it! And I love that yellow paint in the dining room!


View of the Living Room.


Another view.


Looking down the stairs.


Laundry room in upstairs bathroom. I LOVE having my laundry room right near the bedrooms. It's perfect!


Upstairs bathroom. We're hoping to gut it and redo it this summer.


I can't wait to get rid of this eyesore and put in a new tub.


Built-ins in office. It holds my photo albums, scrapbooks, and books.


Another built-in in the office. Holds most of our books.


Another view of the office.


The hallway upstairs. (Just painted the trim).


The spare bedroom. I don't have enough room for all my clothes!



Bed in the spare. Just painted the trim here and can't wait to paint the room. Just brought that bookshelf up from home. On the other side of the bed is a nightstand.



That's our house so far! I love it and love making improvements and making it our own. We plan on redoing the two bathrooms this summer and would like to finish the basement. We want to rip up the back deck and lay concrete. We also want to re-do the front porch (it's not in great shape).

I'll post more pics when I'm done painting and when I've planted some flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment